Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love as an Accident

I was going up to downtown you know , to get in trouble . Got these dreams and plans I'm not really sure of and there here with me tagging behind . Its sort of my thing to keep track of all the traffic around here . the soccer moms , the pimps , the getaway cars , chasing that paper trail . Its a life and its mine . Its all insane and in extreme ways you know . Living to sundown to sunrise . Minding my own business . Circumstance caught the glimmer of the chrome to the dark brown of your lovely eyes . Cant stop screeching pulling up on every lever i have . its commitment and who wants that . the only thing I'm committing is this brake to the floor board . Pain of the pride or maybe it was the seat belt . Red little miata so i thought as it was mixing my paint with yours . I hope your all right as we careen through the air . Metal flying distractions i cant look at wondering were you were going who you where talking to before this crash . I hope it doesn't hurt you or better yet i end up hurting you . I cant be like everyonelse and not pay attention to the needs of such a beautiful frame as this . Yet you've got this peace on your face that i can touch with my mind . its like a future i know i had but couldn't get to . Leather lapping at my pants legs the suede of my roof top against my neck . siting there like slow motion crashing thinking about you and how beautiful this all is . i am meeting you and your so not wanting a second date . A second guess knaw probably diffently not . A hope is all a guy has you know . Looking for that one that can stand the SOB you are . Willing to go that extra mile for another hug a look of this pain I'm feeling now , is it love at first sight or crash . This cant be a chance meeting I'm imploding gas and sparks are flying and the smell is progress toward your twisted frame . Moving through the air like an old silent movie but the cut scenes have no more room for my jabber . Its this gauntlet you've threw down on 23rd and vine . Its the same corner that one time i thought i was a goner but it turned out it was just another chick just a little into her blackberry to worry about me . The others were so involved with there hair or there tiny mutt sliding across the dashboard .But you are different , this crash feels different . Ive fell before but not this hard . I'm gonna wait till this all stops and the doctors shine the light in my eye . Ripping out that iv I'm gonna make a bee line for the double doors . I hope your not hurt by me . I pray that this wasn't your end . that you hadn't just walked away unscathed . that maybe you had felt me just a little and noticed this spark that ignited my heart furl on fire . I'm pacing through these halls looking for you cause God knows that i cant forget you . The waiting room and your there with bandages from other wrecks but not ours not yet you havent began to feel how our lives are going to mix and meld and bend together . Cause love , ya know .....Its like an accident

No comments: